I spent the last 4 days visiting a Ranch in the near by province. This Ranch is a home for abused, abandon and orphaned children. I went there in order to receive some training on how to manage the children that will soon be place under my care. Some of the children I met are in the process of being adopted. Those precious kids spent a lot of time talking to me about the day they would be adopted. One boy said this to me:
"When I get adopted I will get to pick a new name. They said I can pick my favorite name for when I have a family. I pick the name Steve." He said with a wide grin! "I pick Steve because that is Captain Americas name and he is my favorite hero."
Another boy said:
"When I get adopted I am going to Spain. I don't know Spanish but I am learning. Maybe my parents will speak English, I can speak English!"
I couldn't help but smile when I heard words like "when I get my family" or "when I am adopted". These sweet children are filled with so much joy, excitement and most of all HOPE!
If only you heard some of the horrible stories these kids have as their life story! Some had been rescued from human trafficking just days before they were to be sold as slaves in Central Asia. Some had been literally bound by ropes to their mentally insane mother for their entire lives! Some had been raped and molested by family members since they were just 2 and 3 years old. Kids that were left to fend for themselves when their mother left town and never returned. Beaten by fathers, neglected by mothers, never loved, never wanted. But now, they live at the Ranch and they are filled with so much life and joy and HOPE!
Where does this shinning beacon of hope come from? JESUS. That's what is so beautiful about the Ranch. There the kids are safe from the abuse, given food, love and they feel wanted, important and beautiful! Because the staff loves Jesus, they teach the children of Christ and His love for them and His ability to heal their wounds and make them like new! This message of HOPE shines through in every smile, every laugh...its beautiful.
Our hope, our joy and our love comes through the only one who ever loved us unconditionally, JESUS!
Hebrews 6:19-20
This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, a hope both sure and steadfast and one which enters within the veil, where Jesus has entered as a forerunner for us, having become a high priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek.
No comments:
Post a Comment