Pages

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Life...


Life is short, seemingly insignificant, but there is a value to life. God build in each of us a unique and intrinsic value. A purpose that each of us must fulfill in our time. Each life's time is set into place but never stated to the person. Some live only months others live for 90 plus years. But what determines the worth the value of a life? Do some lives hold more importance than others? How significant is a life? The questions that go through my mind when I am lost in deep thoughts!

The Lord has taught me a great many things in the past few months. His words were carefully written down and preserved for all these years. Every day I am deeply immersed in those words. The stories, each one intricately woven with the others. As I read the thought dawns on me...each of these characters were humans. Each one with a life, a set amount of time on earth. We read them sometimes forgetting that they truly did exist. God used them, the bad ones and the good ones, the heroes and the villains. The neatest is seeing how the "heroes" got to where they were...and what happened later on. I realized something. None of those characters were perfect. The greatest of the ancient fathers of the faith started as stubborn, poor, bottom of the food chain, under qualified people! There are so many points in their lives that God could have walked away and dubbed them hopeless and none of us would have disagreed. He shows us His great level of patience and love for His people as He continues to work through the messes of human lives!

Another thought, most the characters live for a few chapters, some live through books but most only appear in the story for a moment. A prime example is Shagmar in Judges. Shagmar gets exactly one verse, Judges 3:31, that is it! One short verse to cover his entire lifetime. So what significance does Shagmar have in this giant story. Yes it's a story; all of it! God has a crazy plan that involves each and every one of us.

 Isn't that incredible?

You, me, that guy you passed on the street, the woman who checked you out at the grocery story, the Plummer, your friends, each and every human who is living, who ever has lived, who ever will live! ALL OF US! We all have significance, a place to stand, a word to say, an action to do.

"I believe that what happens in the world and in my own life is not the result of mere chance, just as I believe that life itself is not the result of a primordial soup. I believe that the same Intelligent Designer who created me has given me the freedom to make choices within the script of my life. But I also believe that the Creator has an epic script into which my minute presence has been written."
- Steve Saint "End of the Spear"

I couldn't say it any better than Mr. Saint. Our lives mean something, we have a purpose, a reason for being here. Look back on your life, all that happened, every small detail. The Lord, my God, He planned all that out so perfectly, so precisely. It's wonderful to think that my seconds on stage, that moment in which I am speaking and the spot light falls on me, that one word, that line, it's so short and seemingly so insignificant. But it's not! God has me here, right now, in this moment living this life for a reason! I may die and never see what He was doing. But you know I have come to the point I am comfortable with living my life even if it means doing silly little things for the rest of my existence, because I know that if I am actively, whole heartedly following my God that He will use the time that I have, the things that I do to fulfill the role He has given to me. And when the light moves past me, my lines are complete and I am taken off stage, it will be okay because I did what I was put here to do and it doesn't matter if I perform it perfectly because God knows all, sees all and will use all!

Blessed be the name of the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment